Saturday, December 15, 2007

Karswell’s Night Gallery #9

RINGSTONES by Sarban. The tagline on the cover says “A Tale of Dark and Mordant Horror.” I read this years ago but honestly don’t remember much about the darkness or the mordancy. What I do remember is that the cover is one of my favorites from this era Ballantine, gorgeously painted with an eerie, moody color palette that creates a very chilly sense of some-thing that the story itself probably didn’t quite deliver.

Ballantine Books (1961)
Cover Art by ???

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

THAT IS A NICE COVER PAINTING, LOVE THE GREENS AND PURPLES AND LIKE YOU SAID THE MOOD IS EVERYTHING.

Anonymous said...

never read this one from sarban but have read the doll maker which is superb!!

Mr. Karswell said...

The Doll Maker is one that I still need to find somewhere. I've heard that it's very MRJ-esque so it's a must that I read it someday. I do have Sarban's The Sound of His Horn but haven't cracked it open yet.

Anonymous said...

Looks like a cover by Richard Powers.