Monday, October 29, 2007

I Was Locked in a Haunted House!

Countdown to Halloween: Post #5! I’ll say it before someone else does, technically this is not a Halloween story. But! This story contains a theme that happens alot on Halloween night, kids daring each other to go up to, or into a spooky old abandoned house, one that may or may not actually be “haunted.” I had one in my neighborhood as a kid, it was Halloween 1979, I was indeed guilty of trespassing, and it was SCARY. To make matters worse I was dressed up like Paul Stanley from KISS, and part of the costume I was wearing included my mom’s black go-go boots with 4 inch heels. Folks, these are not good shoes to go haunted housing in...

Originally presented in the April 1953 issue of Uncanny Tales #7





6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute and tame.

Anonymous said...

I'VE READ THIS ONE BEFORE, LOVE JOE'S ART AND YEAH THE STORY IS KIND OF TAME BUT IT'S PERFECT FOR HALLOWEEN BECAUSE ITS GOT EVERYTHING--- HORROR COMICS, A HAUNTED HOUSE AND A GHOST!

Anonymous said...

nice one....you can see the ending coming from a mile away but love the atmosphere Maneely creates

so are you gonna tell your own haunted house story?

Anonymous said...

Well,I saw the ending coming a mile away,but not the part about the periodically reappearing house!lots of fun though,excellent art,and i wonder if Hank was a distant relation to Matt.

Mr. Karswell said...

>so are you gonna tell your own haunted house story?

Already did, check the Karswell '79 post from today.

Unknown said...

"Midnight to one P.M." is a long time.